If you’ve read my blog, I’m sure you’ll see that I speak from a place of truth and without judgment. I am incredibly passionate about people, this thing called life, and coaching people to uncover their best. I’ve answered some frequently asked questions below, but in order to determine if this process is right for you, feel free to contact me so that we can meet and get a feel for one another. It’s important to have both comfort and confidence in your life coach, and a one on one conversation about what you are looking to accomplish, and how I can help you, is a good place to start.
The International Coaching Federation (ICF – the governing and credentialing body of the profession) defines coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential, which is particularly important in today’s uncertain and complex environment. Coaches honor the client as the expert in his or her life and work and believe every client is creative, resourceful and whole. Standing on this foundation, the coach’s responsibility is to:
- Discover, clarify, and align with what the client wants to achieve
- Encourage client self-discovery
- Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies
- Hold the client responsible and accountable
This process helps clients dramatically improve their outlook on work and life, while improving their leadership skills and unlocking their potential.
- Therapy:Therapy deals with healing pain, dysfunction and conflict within an individual or in relationships. The focus is often on resolving difficulties arising from the past that hamper an individual’s emotional functioning in the present, improving overall psychological functioning, and dealing with the present in more emotionally healthy ways. Coaching, on the other hand, supports personal and professional growth based on self-initiated change in pursuit of specific actionable outcomes. These outcomes are linked to personal or professional success. Coaching is future focused. While positive feelings/emotions may be a natural outcome of coaching, the primary focus is on creating actionable strategies for achieving specific goals in one’s work or personal life. The emphases in a coaching relationship are on action, accountability, and follow through.
- Consulting:Individuals or organizations typically retain consultants for their expertise. While consulting approaches vary widely, the assumption is the consultant will diagnose problems and prescribe and, sometimes, implement solutions. With coaching, the assumption is that individuals or teams are capable of generating their own solutions, with the coach supplying supportive, discovery-based approaches and frameworks.
Working with a life coach can be highly rewarding, gratifying and motivating if you are …
- going through a transition
- wanting more joy in your life
- wanting more professional fulfillment
- wanting a more mutually loving partnership
- wanting some support and guidance with up and coming big decisions
- wanting more organization in your life
- wanting to reach your potential in your work life
- wanting to embrace your authentic self
- wanting to embody healthier living
- wanting better relationships in your family life
- 100% acceptance and appreciation for who you are
- zero judgment
- a trusting open mind
- to show you, you
- to respect your self direction
- to be your biggest fan and loudest cheerleader – I am team YOU
Do you wake up everyday lacking a zest for life? Do you feel like you are missing something? That you want more out of life … but are unsure of what that might be? Are you unfulfilled in your relationships? Are you wondering what to do with the rest of your life? Are you needing more fulfillment at work? If you said yes to any of these questions, then you are in the right place. But only you can know if you are ready.
If you are prepared to honestly look in the mirror … are open to fresh ideas and feedback … can open up some mental space to embrace the task at hand … are ready to give time to meet with me and get the work done … then you’re ready.
This is difficult to answer. But what I can say is that my goal is to be as efficient and effective as possible. The quicker you accomplish your goal(s) the happier we both will be. My plan for you will be uniquely individual to you and your desired outcomes. Most typically, we start with a six-month agreement and meet every other week.
Once you’ve decided that you would like to take the next step, all you need to do is call me at 403-510.4339 or email me so that we can set up a time to connect. We’ll spend an hour exploring what it is you are aspiring to or for. Towards the end of that hour we will know if we can see ourselves working well together. At that point we will determine our meeting dates moving forward. I will then send you an in-take package for you to complete prior to our first scheduled session. And from there we will start to execute the plan to reach the desired outcome(s).
This process is all about you so if your situation needs short sessions in between our structured sessions there’s space for this. This around the clock support is usually a 15 minute phone call but the situation will dictate what this looks like for you.
Yes, all genders, ages and orientations are welcome.
My coaching rates are somewhat individualized and dependent on how we structure our time together. I invoice monthly and accept, cheque, cash and e-transfers.
I don’t sell gift certificates. It is essential that everyone I work with is 100% on board with the process. If you’d like to pay for someone who is looking forward to partnering with me, this is just the best gift you could give them!